|Details:||Older Version of iPhone SE 32GB for $60|
(expired: sold out)
This is a hot deal for someone looking for a backup phone, a portable music player (iPod Touch), a GPS navigation device, or just a smart device to have around the home.
This is not the newly released iPhone SE with a 4.7-inch screen.
This is the iPhone SE released in 2016, with a 4-inch screen, in brand new condition, with no contract or service plan required.
Price for the iPhone SE is $60.
If you already have a phone with service, this is could be hot deal if you have wifi at home.
Activate the phone over Wifi with your Apple account, download apps, and use in your home or car.
- Device is service-locked to Simple Mobile.
It will not work with Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, or any other service.
- Can work as a standalone device over wifi, without subscribing to Simple Mobile.
Simply do not insert the included Simple Mobile SIM card and there will be no possibility of incurring service fees.
The downsides of this phone:
- As a music player (like an iPod Touch).
- Its 32GB storage is plenty for hours of music or audio books, or stream music over wifi.
- Its built-in Bluetooth lets you pair with an external speaker or home theater A/V receiver.
- Use as a smart, touchscreen remote control for the TV.
- Smart TVs like those with built-in Roku can be fully controlled by the Roku app.
- Smart streaming devices like Apple TV, Roku, Xbox One, and Nvidia Shield TV can be controlled with an app.
- Can control a Google Chromecast to "cast" music and video to a TV.
For example, use the YouTube, YouTube Music, or YouTube TV app on the device to navigate music and shows, and press "cast" to play them on your TV.
- When used as a remote control, you can turn off the auto-lock to leave the screen on without having to wake it after being idle for a few minutes.
- Works over wifi, which can be more reliable than an IR remote with a strong home wifi signal.
- Use as a navigation GPS.
- The phone can use GPS satellites when it can see the sky, like when mounted to the dash of a car.
All you need is maps downloaded onto the device, since it cannot access the Internet without a SIM card.
- For vehicle navigation, use Google Maps, download offline maps to the device.
- For hiking, use Gaia GPS which keeps hiking trails onto your device.
- For private pilots, use ForeFlight which keeps flight charts on your device and assists with navigation.
Since the iPhone SE's 4" screen is so small, it may be mounted to the yoke (steering wheel).
- Use with FaceTime and iMessage.
- Video calls work over wifi, making this $60 device one of the cheapest ways to get a FaceTime-compatible chat device.
The 4-inch screen is very small, though.
- iMessages work over wifi, to send/receive text messages with people with Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, Macbook).
Regular text messages do not work without cell service, so messages to/from someone with an Android phone or from an automated service will not work.
- Use as a digital wallet.
- Apple Pay enabled cash registers can accept payment of credit cards stored on this device.
- Resource-intensive games will not play well.
- Cases can be harder to find for this old phone.
When shopping, be sure the case is for the 4-inch screen of the 2016 iPhone SE (not the 4.7-inch iPhone SE 2020).
- The 4-inch screen can seem small to anyone used to a larger phone.
- This phone is compatible with the latest iOS 13, but its older A9 chip may not be compatible with future iOS versions.